tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Miehs <and...@2sheds.de>
Subject Re: mod_jk performance
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2005 19:14:31 GMT
Hi Peter,

That is why I mentioned it. We deliver our static content from other
servers,
and had originally considered hiding our TCs behind apache for
'security reasons'.

After seeing the speed difference, and the fact that their isn't
really a security
difference if you just push all the traffic straight through anyway,
we decided not
to put Apache between our users and our Tomcat servers.

If I didn't need to use re-writes, and complicated rules on our
apaches, I would also
use THTTP for performance reasons.

Andrew