tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Asking Again: 5.5.12 Broke my 5.5.9 Config
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:29:23 GMT
> From: Trond Hersløv [mailto:trond.herslov@GOTOGATE.no]
> Subject: RE: Asking Again: 5.5.12 Broke my 5.5.9 Config
>
> I find nothing saying this attribute is now ignored.

RTFM:
"The value of this field must not be set except when statically defining a Context in server.xml,
as it will be infered [sic] from the filenames used for either the .xml context file or the
docBase."

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html

Look at the description of the path attribute.

This has also been discussed numerous times on the mailing list, so a brief search through
the archives would have gotten you the same information.

 - Chuck