tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Installing Tomcat 5.5 on Fedora 4 via Yum
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:51:10 GMT
> From: Rob Hills [mailto:rob@netpaver.com.au]
> Subject: Installing Tomcat 5.5 on Fedora 4 via Yum
>
> However, I've so far been unsuccessful in finding any way to upgrade
> Tomcat beyond 5.0 using Yum.  Has anyone else achieved this?

I've never understood this fascination for fooling around with 3rd-party
packaged versions of Tomcat, rather than using the unadulterated
originals directly from the Tomcat download site.  The process couldn't
be much simpler: download, unzip/untar, run.  What am I missing?

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.