tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jens Nordberg" <Jens.Nordb...@ibitec.se>
Subject RE: Multiple tomcat services?
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:24:59 GMT
How do you mean? The install program for Tomcat 5.5.9 doesn't allow me
to change the name, or does it? As far as I can tell, I can only specify
install directory, HTTP port, user name, password and jre.

/Jens

-----Original Message-----
From: Arup Vidyerthy [mailto:like_donuts@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: den 28 september 2005 16:20
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Multiple tomcat services?

Install it under a different name

-----Original Message-----
From: Jens Nordberg [mailto:Jens.Nordberg@ibitec.se]
Sent: 28 September 2005 15:13
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Multiple tomcat services?

Hi, I'm trying to install multiple tomcats on my machine, which works
quite
well except for one thing. When I'm installing the second instance of
Tomcat, I get the following error:

"Failed to install Tomcat5 service. Check your settings and permissions.
Ignore and continue anyway (not recommended)?"

I chose to ignore and continue. Tomcat then installs, but no service is
added in windows services. If I go to the bin library of the second
tomcat
and press tomcat5w, it opens the _first_ instance's application.

Is there a way to get two services going when I have multiple tomcats?

The first instance is a tomcat 5.0 and the second is a tomcat 5.5.9.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards

/Jens