tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jens Nordberg" <Jens.Nordb...@ibitec.se>
Subject Multiple tomcat services?
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:13:12 GMT
Hi, I'm trying to install multiple tomcats on my machine, which works
quite well except for one thing. When I'm installing the second instance
of Tomcat, I get the following error:

"Failed to install Tomcat5 service. Check your settings and permissions.
Ignore and continue anyway (not recommended)?"

I chose to ignore and continue. Tomcat then installs, but no service is
added in windows services. If I go to the bin library of the second
tomcat and press tomcat5w, it opens the _first_ instance's application.

Is there a way to get two services going when I have multiple tomcats?

The first instance is a tomcat 5.0 and the second is a tomcat 5.5.9.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards

/Jens