tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Johnson <>
Subject Setting up HTTP Basic for a full Web-App
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 18:53:58 GMT
Hi all.

I think I'm doing something wrong. I'veadded the following to my web
application to use http-basicis there anything else I need to do to ensure
anyone logging in like this has full access to the app?

<!-- Define a security constraint on this application -->
    <web-resource-name>Entire Application</web-resource-name>
    <!-- This role is not in the default user directory -->

<!-- Define the login configuration for this application -->
  <realm-name>My Application</realm-name>

<!-- Security roles referenced by this web application -->
    The role that is required to log in to the Application