tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "magnus.alvestad@webstep.no" <magnus.alves...@gmail.com>
Subject Memory leak in simple spring webapp
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 20:44:18 GMT
I'm deploying and then undeploying a very simple spring-based test app
to my tomcat container. However, my WebappClassLoader never gets
garbage collected, because tomcat objects (loaded by the
StandardClassLoader) have hard references to the classes of my app.

I've figured out / fixed a couple of these problems. For example if
you have the xerces lib in your app, and not in tomcat's server/lib,
the container will create instances of your app's xml parser.

At the moment I'm looking at this nasty link of references:

StandardClassLoader ->
org.apache.tomcat.util.IntrospectionUtils.objectMethods ->
Hashtable [30].key ->
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException.

Unlike the beans introspector, the tomcat IntrospectionUtils has no
'flushCache' method. Any suggestions for how I get around this without
making changes in IntrospectionUtils?  From my basic understanding of
these things, IntrospectionUtils should be using weak references in
its class/method cache.  Should I file this as a bug in
IntrospectionUtils?

-Magnus