tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Trung Nguyen" <trung.ngu...@globalcompliance.com>
Subject RE: Multi-level context paths possible in TC 5.5.9?
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 19:34:06 GMT
David,

Set "crossContext" to true if you want calls within this application to ServletContext.getContext()
to successfully return a request dispatcher for other web applications running on this virtual
host. Set to false (the default) in security conscious environments, to make getContext()
always return null.

Hope this help.....

---Trung

-----Original Message-----
From: David Kerber [mailto:dckerber@verizon.net]
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2005 2:47 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Multi-level context paths possible in TC 5.5.9?

Awesome!!!!!!!  Worked first time.  I had tried messing with context
paths in an application .xml, but never thought to try the server.xml.

One question:  what does the "crossContext" flag do?  Or is that what
lets it look to a different path for the context path?  The help files I
looked through don't list it...

Thanks a bunch!!