tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Goldstein" <Scott.Goldst...@bluejungle.com>
Subject Precompile jsps into work directory
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 03:47:02 GMT
I've searched the archives and couldn't find an answer to this question.
The Tomcat manual suggests using Jspc to precompile jsps.  The method it
describes precompiles the jsps and creates stub servlet definitions for
each jsp to place within web.xml.  Instead of this method, I would like
to simply precompile the jsps into the tomcat work directory.  I know I
can do this by requesting each jsp with the precompile request
parameter, but I'd like a command line/Ant method of doing this without
having to run the server.

Has anyone tried/been successful in doing this?

Thanks.

Scott