tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lalit Batra <batr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Windows and Tomcat
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 16:56:02 GMT
Robert,
Thanks for replying!
1) When I installed it I was in Admin user, and installed it with Service
option. In windows services, "Apache Tomcat" we have an option of starting
with USER. The service starts and shows me the owner as the "User" and even
in the Process information from (task Managger) I see "User" as the process
(tomcat) owner. So yes it starts with the USER I started the service with.

2) "User" priveledges: The user has read+Execute permissions for the webapps
folder (changed it also for Aplication folder Tomcat under programs) and
restarted many times.Still http://localhost does not come up. (I am using
80, modified server to run on port 80).

3) If I put the "USER" to "Power User Group of XP" everything works.

please help

thanks,
Lalit