tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bovy, Stephen J" <STEPHEN.B...@ca.com>
Subject RE: Capturing User Passwords
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 18:53:21 GMT
Hi Greg , thanks for the link.

Your download does not have any source,  ( can you share it ?? )

Stephen Bovy
Computer Associates
6100 Center Drive
Suite 700
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Tel: (310) 957-3930
Fax: (310) 957-3917
e-mail: Stephen.Bovy@ca.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Loucks [mailto:loucks@cofront.net]
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2005 4:43 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Capturing User Passwords

You could modify the FormAuthenticator class and have it cache the
password. I believe it's in the org.apache.catalina.authenticator
package of the tomcat source. I did something similar to provide
programmatic login, although I've somewhat abandoned that project. It's
available at http://palpatine.infinitedata.net/~loucks/projects/pfa/

<Context ...>
  <Valve className="com.company.MyPasswordCachingFormAuthenticator"/>
</Context>

Perry, Greg (UK - London) wrote:

>Thanks - but I did try using single sign-on and got that working
>correctly with trial applications.
>
>However, I need to explicitly supply the password in the call to my
>second application.
>
>Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

disclaimer statement and monitoring policy, please refer to the
statement below or contact the sender.
>This communication is from Deloitte & Touche LLP.   Deloitte & Touche
LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales
with registered number OC303675.   A list of members' names is available
for inspection at Stonecutter Court, 1 Stonecutter Street, London EC4A
4TR, United Kingdom, the firm's principal place of business and
registered office.   Deloitte & Touche LLP is authorised and regulated
by the Financial Services Authority.
>This communication and any attachments contain information which is
confidential and may also be privileged.   It is for the exclusive use
of the intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s)
please note that any form of disclosure, distribution, copying or use of
this communication or the information in it or in any attachments is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
communication in error, please return it with the title "received in
error" to IT.SECURITY.UK@deloitte.co.uk then delete the email and
destroy any copies of it.
>E-mail communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free,
as information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost,
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  We do not
accept liability for any such matters or their consequences.  Anyone who
communicates with us by e-mail is taken to accept the risks in doing so.
> When addressed to our clients, any opinions or advice contained in
this e-mail and any attachments are subject to the terms and conditions
expressed in the governing Deloitte & Touche LLP client engagement
letter.
>Opinions, conclusions and other information in this e-mail and any
attachments which do not relate to the official business of the firm are
neither given nor endorsed by it.