tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bovy, Stephen J" <STEPHEN.B...@ca.com>
Subject RE: Installing JavaServer Faces
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2005 21:40:23 GMT
Is there a JSF implementation included in certain levels or version of
the JDK ???

If so which ones ???

Stephen Bovy
Computer Associates
6100 Center Drive
Suite 700
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Tel: (310) 957-3930
Fax: (310) 957-3917
e-mail: Stephen.Bovy@ca.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:java@wendysmoak.com]
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 2:30 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Installing JavaServer Faces

From: "Michael Thomsen" <mikerthomsen@gmail.com>

> Hi, could someone tell me if there is any difference between
> installing any of the implementaitons of JavaServer Faces in Tomcat
> and doing it in Sun's Application Server? I remember reading somewhere

> that their server is based on Tomcat, so I was unsure. Any help would
> be appreciated.

What do you mean by "installing"?  I typically just include the relevant
.jar and config files as part of the webapp (.war file) that will use
them.

Does Sun's server make the JSF implementation available to all webapps?
If so, then I believe the equivalent would be placing the JSF api and
implementation .jar files in 'shared/lib' as discussed here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/class-loader-howto.html

Having never done it, I'm not certain that's the right answer... I
prefer my webapps to be self-contained.

--
Wendy Smoak