tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: Out of Memory on Jakarta Tomcat 5.0.19, jdk1.5.0_04
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:56:16 GMT
You'll almost likely find that the reload via Ant does not free up all resources and so each
time you perform a reload you'll be leaking some memory resulting in OOME after a week.

3 things to do;

Get a profiler to see where you may be losing memory.
Ensure no resource/references are held onto, dispose references correctly
Hard restart Tomcat when OOME occur.

Allistair.

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055