tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: Different JDBC sources?
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:06:25 GMT
Hi,

Yes it's called source control and build management. The "same", as you call it, code is the
managed master code (cvs/vss etc.) and when you want that pushed to different servers you
do so with automated build scripts like Ant, or deployment using application server deploy
tools.

The point is that you don't modify you code in-situ within the staging/production Tomcat server,
you do it in the local dev envionrment, and when ready for deploy, it gets committed, tagged
and then war'd up and deployed.

Sounds like this may just be too much for your project, but it's nevertheless the standard
way.

Allistair.

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055