tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: Where to put context.xml?
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:08:25 GMT
Nearly. Rename your file ROOT.xml and a path of /ROOT and you're away. The other alternative
is create in your web application folder META-INF/context.xml

Allistair

http://www.myhost.com:8081/ and it
shows a customized welcome page from my index.jsp.  However, as I
understand it, <Context> should now be in its own xml file.  I extracted
the <Context> content and placed it in context.xml.  I placed
context.xml in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost, restarted tomcat
but now the browser shows nothing.  I also tried placing it in the conf/
folder but that doesn't work either.  Where does the file go?

Thanks for any help in advance.

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055
Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474