tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Allistair Crossley" <Allistair.Cross...@QAS.com>
Subject RE: where to place the /META-INF/context.xml file?
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 07:59:24 GMT
Hi,

The META-INF/context.xml is one way in which a *web application context* can be configured,
not Tomcat itself per se, although it is an instruction on behalf of the web application *to*
Tomcat about what *it* needs Tomcat to setup for itself, e.g database pools, environment vars
or whatever.

Yes /MyWebApp/META-INF would be correct, as per the servlet spec for web application structure.

Allistair.

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055
Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474