tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Santosh Asbe <>
Subject tomcat caching issue
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2005 04:09:34 GMT
Hi All,

I need your help for this problem very urgently.

I have tomcat 4.1.30 on Linux. It servers as a web server and contains only
JSP & Servlets. We make a remote call to Websphere Application Server ( on
AIX) using corbaloc like 'corbaloc::ip1:2809:ip2:2809'. Now when i one of my
App server fails, the other App Server server should take over. This work
when i use a simple java client on the Linux machine, the failover occurs.
But when i use my application in tomcat, this does not work.
I am using a Service locator ( singleton) which makes the initial call to
App Server and stores in the ip cache. initially we that the issue was with
the Service locator, but then even if i don't use this Service Locator, the
problem persists.

We have talked to IBM and they say that the tomcat does some caching and the
problem is not with the App Server. Has anyone faced this issue? Can anyone
help regarding this and how can i know how and where the caching is done?
Can this issue be resolved.

If any other information is required, i will be glad to provide with the

Santosh Asbe

This message is for the named addressees' use only. It may contain NSDL

confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. If you receive

this message in error, please immediately delete it. You must not, directly

or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this

if you are not the intended recipient.Unless otherwise stated, any

information given in this message does not constitute an offer to deal on

any terms quoted. Any reference to the terms of executed transactions

should be treated as preliminary only and subject to our formal written