tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Len Popp <len.p...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat/JVM hangs in session.getAttribute / HashMap.get()
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2005 02:28:37 GMT
OK, so how do I fix this problem in my application? I can't figure it out.

Inside Tomcat, references to the hashmap in question are synchronized
on the hashmap object itself, StandardSession.attributes (see
org.apache.catalina.session.StandardSession). So if I want to *safely*
call session.setAttribute or session.getAttribute I have to make sure
the calls are synchronized on session.attributes. But I can't access
session.attributes - it's a protected field and I don't see a method
that returns it. So I cannot make my setAttribute calls synchronize
properly with Tomcat's code.

I don't see how I can work around this. Am I missing something? Or do
the Tomcat guys have to fix it?
--
Len