tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Webapp deploy on windows
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2005 06:25:51 GMT
Joakim Ahlén wrote:
> I'm not trying to blame anyone for not fixing this issue, (well, maybe
> i'm laying some blame on those who thinks this is _not_ a tomcat
> issue..) however, i am really interested in having this bug fixed, and i
> am prepared to put some effort and time into it myself. To do this,
> though, i need the help of someone who knows more about this problem.

As far as I am aware, the Tomcat code correctly closes all the files
it opens. However, we are dependent on a number of third party
libraries that might not be as well behaved. See bug 10026 for an
example of a typical situation.

If you want to put some effort into this the best thing you could do
is create the simplest possible test .war file that demonstrates this
issue so we can take a look at it. If the anti-locking features of TC5
(which are better than TC4) don't fix it then we can look to see if
there is anything that can be done to improve things.

However, please remeber that this is fundamentally an OS issue, not a
Tomcat one, and the fix may well be outside of our control.

Mark