tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Loucks <lou...@cofront.net>
Subject Re: Capturing User Passwords
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 23:43:08 GMT
You could modify the FormAuthenticator class and have it cache the
password. I believe it's in the org.apache.catalina.authenticator
package of the tomcat source. I did something similar to provide
programmatic login, although I've somewhat abandoned that project. It's
available at http://palpatine.infinitedata.net/~loucks/projects/pfa/

<Context ...>
  <Valve className="com.company.MyPasswordCachingFormAuthenticator"/>
</Context>

Perry, Greg (UK - London) wrote:

>Thanks - but I did try using single sign-on and got that working
>correctly with trial applications.
>
>However, I need to explicitly supply the password in the call to my
>second application.
>
>Again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

and monitoring policy, please refer to the statement below or contact the sender.
>This communication is from Deloitte & Touche LLP.   Deloitte & Touche LLP is a
limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675.
  A list of members' names is available for inspection at Stonecutter Court, 1 Stonecutter
Street, London EC4A 4TR, United Kingdom, the firm's principal place of business and registered
office.   Deloitte & Touche LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services
Authority.
>This communication and any attachments contain information which is confidential and may
also be privileged.   It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s).  If you are
not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of disclosure, distribution, copying
or use of this communication or the information in it or in any attachments is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please return it with
the title "received in error" to IT.SECURITY.UK@deloitte.co.uk then delete the email and destroy
any copies of it.
>E-mail communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information
could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain
viruses.  We do not accept liability for any such matters or their consequences.  Anyone who
communicates with us by e-mail is taken to accept the risks in doing so.
> When addressed to our clients, any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail and any
attachments are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing Deloitte &
Touche LLP client engagement letter.
>Opinions, conclusions and other information in this e-mail and any attachments which do
not relate to the official business of the firm are neither given nor endorsed by it.