tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kyle ...@attitia.com>
Subject Re: db-connectin is working fine, but is it pooling?
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2005 00:14:24 GMT
Print out your Connection Object .toString() to stdout or on a page and
you should see that it is a Pool(ed|able) Connection object.

Trond Hersløv wrote:

>Everything works just fine, but I'm a little bit concerned that maybe I am generating
a singel connection to the DB and not a pool of connections.
>As I run  netstat -a on the machine hosting the DB, I expected to find
>a lot of connections to port 3306, which my MySQL server listens to, but there is only
one single connection. Even when I press F5 for a long time to refresh my IE window like a
100 times or with more windows open at the same time there is just this one connection to
be found.