tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Singleton <p...@jbgb.com>
Subject Re: tomcat and firefox ssl problem - no common encryption algorithms
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 13:40:25 GMT
Lyndon Tiu wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am using on server:
>  - Tomcat 5.5.9 downloaded from Apache Tomcat website.
>  - Tried both Java 1.4.2_09(using tomcat compat packages) and Java 1.5.0_03
>  - RH ES3
>
> on client:
>  - Firefox 1.0.6
>  - RH WS3
>
> I have done ssl on Tomcat 4.x and 5.0.x a few times before with no problems and I am
surprised to find this issue today.

> No error messages in Tomcat logs but Firefox complains about:
>
> "Firefox and <server host name> cannot cummunicate securely because they have no
common encryption algorithms."

Have you set up a keystore with at least a self-signed certificate?

Have you explicitly set the sslProtocol attribute in your SSL
connector (despite the docs this is necessary in 5.5.9, fixed
thereafter)

   <Connector ... sslProtocol="TLS" ... >

Have you tried another browser in case you get a more helpful
message (what Firefox said is not true)?

cheers

Paul Singleton