tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jilles van Gurp <incom...@jillesvangurp.com>
Subject Re: Install Tomcat 5.5 quietly?
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:29:13 GMT
Richard Burman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just a quick question for you; how can I launch the Tomcat installer
> without the installation screens popping up? Can I specify the
> installation directory and settings from the command line? I tried
> feeding the installer some parameters but it seems to completely ignore
> the command line.
>
> Thanks for the help!
>
> Cheers,
> Richard.

Just use the zip file instead of the installer. Unzip it wherever you
want. You can do all the stuff the installer does (setting environment
variables, installing a windows service and adding icons) manually or
from a script.

At the very least you'll need to set the JAVA_HOME variable. You can use
service.bat to install a windows service or simply use startup.bat.

Jilles