tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kyle>
Subject Re: Configure multiple number of aliases / sub-domains
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:24:48 GMT
You'll have to programmatically update your 'hosts' file to add in each
and every new sub-domain(i.e. virtualhost name) as they signup and make
sure your machine is set to check 'hosts' for dns before going anywhere

That should do the trick.

Disclaimer: I've done this on Windows, but haven't tried it on linux.

Assaf wrote:

>I am trying to have a host configured to pickup all
>alias/ sub-domains such as
>etc. etc. etc.
>The number of subdomains / aliases is very large and
>can be changed frequently (therefore cannot be
>configured in the server.xml file). I was hoping to
>map something like:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message