tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Wingfield <jon.wingfi...@mkodo.com>
Subject Re: tomcat detecting http header
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 14:33:35 GMT
Of course, you could just call request.getRemoteAddr();
Tomcat is a Servlet Specification container. You don't get headers with
CGI naming conventions.

Check out the api documentation:
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/api/index.html

It's the packages starting with javax.servlet that will be of most
interest. Specifically, the docs for javax.servlet.ServletRequest give
some info on methods that map to CGI variables.

HTH,

Jon