tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kyle ...@attitia.com>
Subject How to get process URL in different context?
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:18:52 GMT
Hi,

I need to get hold of and process an http-encoded URL (effectively an
operational servlet) within a different context on the same machine and
read back the response it provides.

e.g.

from the root Context within a doPost, I need to execute
"/abc/api/action.do?param1=123&param2=abc" and retrieve a String response

I have tried getServletContext().getContext() to get hold of the other
context, but that appears to return null. I can only presume this is a
security constraint setup somewhere. ... Or is there some simple
programming trick I appear to be missing. Can someone point me in the
right directon as to what to read to find out how to get tomcat to let
me do this please?