tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Rossbach ...@objektpark.de>
Subject Re: Cluster and notifications to nodes
Date Sun, 18 Sep 2005 09:16:50 GMT
Hey Bradley,

a)   mark application as priviliged=true
b)   define and implement your own ClusterMessage
c)   via MbeansServer you got the Catalina:type=Cluster,host=localhost
mbean and send your
operation ( send(ClusterMessage)).
d)   Register a ClusterListener.
          with 5.5.11 you can configure this directly inside Cluster
element.
          with 5.5.9 you must implement you own host listener to
register a ClusterListener.

I am motivate to implement a simple sample and add this to the tomcat docs..

Peter

Bradley McLain schrieb:

>this is a good question.  i'll be facing the same issue soon.  for
>session-based information, your answer is fine, but what about other
>types of info, say at the app-level?  in one of my apps, for example, I
>can change some config data using a web request, but what if i want to
>ensure it is replicated to the other nodes in the cluster?
>
>On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 17:53 +0200, Lionel Farbos wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>Why do you want your application to send a notification ?
>>If you configure Session Replication in each of your Tomcat servers,
>>every time there will be a change in your HTTP session, the others AS in the cluster
will be notified and synchronized automatically.