tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jilles van Gurp <>
Subject Re: Help figuring out Virtual Hosts
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2005 07:44:45 GMT
You can use multiple hosttags in the server.xml, each with their own
context. As described here

"One or more Host elements are nested inside an Engine element. Inside
the Host element, you can nest Context elements for the web applications
associated with this virtual host. Exactly one of the Hosts associated
with each Engine MUST have a name matching the defaultHost attribute of
that Engine."

You give each application its own host and it should work fine. You can
also use alias tags inside a host tag if you want an application to be
available for multiple hosts.