tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hassan Schroeder <has...@webtuitive.com>
Subject Re: Why doesn't my context work?
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 20:14:19 GMT
Michael Sullivan wrote:

> what I found.  Anyway, I created a file called home.xml
> in /opt/tomcat5/conf/Catalina/localhost.  I made home.xml by copying
> admin.xml and altering it.  Here are the contents of home.xml:
>
> <Context path="/user" appBase="/home" docBase="michael/webspace/webapps"
>         debug="0" privileged="true">
> </Context>

Per the Tomcat doc that's been quoted here half-a-dozen times in the
last couple of days, or so it seems :-) --

*take the path attribute out* because Tomcat *doesn't use it* unless
the Context is defined inside server.xml.

Either call the file user.xml or change your request to
   <http://www.espersunited.com/home/index.jsp>

And, as has already been pointed out, 'appBase' is not a valid
attribute of Context.

HTH,

                           dream.  code.