tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Dodge <>
Subject Re: classloader issue on jboss3.2.2 for tomcat4.1
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:17:22 GMT
It doesn't see any classes in any of your jars?  I was using JBoss 3.2.2
back in 2003 and had the same issue.  Once I set the web loader to
false, I realized that some utility classes were getting loaded from
jars deployed in other wars.   Effectively, now each webapp has its own
classloader.  So, I had to add those same jars into all my wars.

On a side note, JBoss 4.0.x does a much better job with this.

lio tomcat wrote:

>Hello world,
> For some reason, i had to change default conf of my jboss 3.2.2 in order to
>avoid the use of jboss class loader.
>It's now set in [jboss]\deploy\jbossweb-
>tomcat41.sar\META-INF\jboss-service.xml in this way :
><attribute name="UseJBossWebLoader">false</attribute>
>The problem is now my webapp does not even see/load my jars in my
>What's the hint?
>Please help,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: