tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Menzel <peter.men...@imise.uni-leipzig.de>
Subject Re: Order of WebApp Loading
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 14:54:49 GMT
I see,
if i can't count on the order of loading, I tried something other:
I set crossContext="true" for both webapps and while in
contextInitialized() of the webapp which schould run only after the
first webapp finished loading
I use context.getContext("/db-app") to look if the first app ist already
there. If not then it should wait with Thread.sleep().
Unfortunately my Tomcat 5.5 seems to use only one thread for loading all
web-apps, so if I let it wait the loading of all web-apps is blocked.

Obviously this solution will not work reliably, because it depends on
the threading model the container uses to load its apps.
Do you have any other recommendations for this issue ?

Kind regards, Peter Menzel