tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kyle ...@attitia.com>
Subject Can anyone help with a MySQL ConnectorJ prob pls?
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:08:13 GMT
Hi All,

I am using the com.mysql.jdbc.Driver to connect to MySQL.

I have managed to retrieve an apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnection to
my MySQL server and retrieve results with a server.xml Resource like so;

             <Resource name="jdbc/iws" auth="Container"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
              <ResourceParams name="jdbc/iws">
                <parameter>
                  <name>factory</name>

                </parameter>
                <parameter>
                   <name>driverClassName</name>
                   <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
                </parameter>

However I don't seem to be able to pull up a MysqlPooledConnection when
I replace that factory with;

                <parameter>
                  <name>factory</name>

<value>com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlDataSourceFactory</value>
                </parameter>

Can anyone tell me what I am missing pls?