tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Edmund Urbani <...@liland.org>
Subject Re: cross context info
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:27:22 GMT
Alain Gaeremynck wrote:

> I have 2 webapps living on the same server and they are linked to the
> same user experiance..  Now both apps require login but i don't want
> my users to have to login on both apps.  Also while they are browsing
> in one context i don't want the session to expire for the other context.
> so the question is  Is there a way to do session.setAtribute in one
> context and retrieve it from another and also to link the 2 session so
> that they don't expire or expire at the same time?
> i'd like not to have to use hidden iframe and stuff like that
>
> thanks!

with tomcat there's also a different approach to this problem using the
SSOValve (org.liland.tomcat.valve.sso.SingleSignOn). however, in order
to use this valve, the webapps need to let tomcat handle the
authentication (see
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/realm-howto.html or
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/realm-howto.html).
depending on your webapps this kind of setup may be anything from
"simply a matter of configuration" to impossible.

 Edmund