tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Lai ...@michael.lai.name>
Subject Re: How to serve just JSP (was: Re: JSP on RHEL4 with Apache httpd RPM?
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2005 09:17:05 GMT
Peter Flynn wrote:

>>If you have a tomcat webapp that serves jsp's such as
>>http://localhost:8080/mywebapp, then you can map jsp requests to that
>>webapp using JkMount /mywebapp/*.jsp
>>

>Ah...this exposes the gap in my understanding.
>Where do I get a "tomcat webapp that serves jsp's"?
>This is what I need. I thought one was built into Tomcat -- in fact I
>thought JSP serving was the original purpose of Tomcat.
>
>If Tomcat doesn't have any such webapp, where do I get one?
>I certainly can't write one, as I'm not a Java programmer.

I am limited in my knowledge of tomcat but from my understanding, tomcat
can be ran either as a standalone server or behind a webserver.  In your
case, it seems like you don't actually need a webserver in front so you
should be able to connect to tomcat using the url:

http://localhost:8080/

Just make sure in your server.xml that you have this line:

<Connector port="8080" />

or whatever port you want to connect to.  In fact, I don't think you
even need mod_jk if you are using tomcat as a standalone.

Hope that helps.