tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Kutzinski <ku...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat autoDeploy problem on Unix
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:31:37 GMT
Do you create the WAR file on Windows and deploy to Solaris?
Have you checked that the system clocks are in sync?
Have you checked that the file attributes are ok on Solaris?
Have you tried to "touch" the war file?

Olena Mitovska wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have Tomcat 5.5.7 installed on Solaris 9 and the autoDeploy option doesn't work.
We have to restart the server every time we redeploy the application so that changes will
be seen, and it is unacceptable for us since it is a production server.

> Here is the excerpt from our server.xml where we enabled autoDeploy option.
>
> - <Host appBase="webapps" autoDeploy="true" name="localhost" unpackWARs="true" xmlNamespaceAware="false"
xmlValidation="false">

> and for every application  the Context element have attribute  reloadable="true".
>
> The same settings work fine in windows environment so we tend to think it is specific
Unix problem. Can you, please ,advise, how we can redeploy application without having to restart
the server every time.