tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Lai ...@michael.lai.name>
Subject Re: Where to put context.xml?
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:20:35 GMT
Allistair Crossley wrote:

>Nearly. Rename your file ROOT.xml and a path of /ROOT and you're away. The other alternative
is create in your web application folder META-INF/context.xml

>Allistair

Thank you for your prompt replay, Allistair.  I choosed the second
option and created the META folder.  So I now have:

/home/tomcat/applications/META-INF/context.xml

And my context.xml shows:

<Context path="" docBase="/home/tomcat/applications/"
         debug="0" reloadable="true" >
</Context>

I restarted tomcat but with the same effect.  Is there some other
configuration that I have to modify to inform tomcat that I have a
project in this folder?

Michael.