tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joe Plautz <j...@customcall.com>
Subject JK Connector with IIS
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 15:51:18 GMT
We're are successfully using the JK connector between IIS 6.0 and Tomcat
5.0.28 to forward on requests. We starting to run into some
configuration "issues" that I haven't seen any documentation for. I
guess I don't truly know what is possible so I thought I would ask.

Is there a way to configure the connector so that www.somewebsite.com
can only redirect to a specific tomcat web application and have
www.someotherwebsite.com only point to a different tomcat web
application all together. It appears that once a web site on IIS is
setup with the redirector filter it will pass through to what ever
tomcat application is there.

So, for example www.somewebsite.com/tomcatapp1 would pass on, but
www.somewebsite.com/tomcatapp2 would not.

Next, is it possible to setup the connector so www.somewebsite.com would
go straight into an application.

As an example, I could use www.somewebsite.com and not have to type in
www.somewebsite.com/tomcatappcontext.

Finally, IIS is where the SSL certificates are located. What I would
like to do for some applications is force http traffic to https. In IIS
I can shut down http access, but in some instances I don't want to do
that and would like to redirect it into it. If I were to use a
<security-constraint> and set the redirect to the secure port on IIS
would it redirect to IIS or would it choke?

Thanks for any help,
Joe Plautz