tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joe Plautz <>
Subject JK Connector with IIS
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 15:51:18 GMT
We're are successfully using the JK connector between IIS 6.0 and Tomcat
5.0.28 to forward on requests. We starting to run into some
configuration "issues" that I haven't seen any documentation for. I
guess I don't truly know what is possible so I thought I would ask.

Is there a way to configure the connector so that
can only redirect to a specific tomcat web application and have only point to a different tomcat web
application all together. It appears that once a web site on IIS is
setup with the redirector filter it will pass through to what ever
tomcat application is there.

So, for example would pass on, but would not.

Next, is it possible to setup the connector so would
go straight into an application.

As an example, I could use and not have to type in

Finally, IIS is where the SSL certificates are located. What I would
like to do for some applications is force http traffic to https. In IIS
I can shut down http access, but in some instances I don't want to do
that and would like to redirect it into it. If I were to use a
<security-constraint> and set the redirect to the secure port on IIS
would it redirect to IIS or would it choke?

Thanks for any help,
Joe Plautz

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: