tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Pre-compiled JSPs?
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 15:14:12 GMT
 From the jasper task all the [valid] jsp's are turned into java files and
compiled into class files. Those class files need to be a jar file in
WEB-INF/lib or inside WEB-INF/classes. The jasper task can also rewrite
web.xml so that all the mappings from the JSP --> class file are taken care of.

Once all the jsp's are compiled and mapped in web.xml. They can be deleted
from the deployment war file (or dir).

-Tim