tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Wingfield <jon.wingfi...@mkodo.com>
Subject Re: Do URL query strings with semi-colons work with TC ?
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2005 09:17:35 GMT
Aye. It just states for that, amongst others, amphersand and semi-colon
are reserved characters within the query string.

This got me looking coz I assumed that the structure of the http get
query string was defined somewhere in rfc rather than just a convention.

I found a few resources saying it was recommended to support ";" as a
delimiter;
http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/appendix/notes.html#h-B.2.2

But I also found the likely candidate in TC that does the parsing of the
query string:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/util/java/org/apache/tomcat/util/http/Parameters.java?rev=1.15&view=markup

Just for my peace of mind does anyone know where the "standard" use of
amphersand to delimit name-value pairs in a http get query string is
defined?

Jon