tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Wingfield <jon.wingfi...@mkodo.com>
Subject Re: Do URL query strings with semi-colons work with TC ?
Date Mon, 05 Sep 2005 09:19:03 GMT
In a URL the semi-colon indicates the start of path parameters (as
opposed to the normal query parameters) as defined in rfc2616 (HTTP1.1
spec) et al.
Thus, you can't tell tomcat to use it as a query string delimiter.
JSESSIONID is a well known path parameter for Servlet 2.2+ Containers.

To use a semi-colon within a url you'll need to url encode it as %3B
To use it in the way you want you'll have to encode and parse the query
string yourself.

HTH,

Jon