tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat imbedded open source componets ??
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2005 15:45:43 GMT
Bovy, Stephen J wrote:

> Our company has a strictly controlled policy for using open source.  We
> must get approval
> for each and every component on a version by version basis.
>
> Can someone give me a list or point me to a link where the list is
> located of
> all imbedded open source sub components that are used by tomcat 5.x ????

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tomcat-5/build.properties.default?view=markup

You are probably aware that Tomcat 5 is distributed under the Apache 2
licence (http://www.apache.org/licenses/). Apache goes to great
lengths to ensure that the use of any and all sub-components is
compatible with distribution under this licence. If the Apache 2
licence is acceptable then you should be fine. Of course if the
lawyers want more...

Mark