tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Koberg <...@koberg.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5 where is a hard-copy dtd reference?
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 18:03:39 GMT
David Smith wrote:
> 2.4 doesn't use a DTD -- it uses a schema so order doesn't matter anymore.

Using the schema does not necessarily mean order is not important. It is
just the way it was designed.

One thing that is strange is that the key/keyref constraints for
servlet/filter names for definitions and mappings have been removed
(they were there in earlier versions (though the version has not
changed)). Anybody know why you can have a servlet or filter name in a
mapping that has not been defined and yet have a valid web.xml?

best,
-Rob

> --David
>
> Scott Purcell wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>Is there a quick reference, or somewhere one can go to get a listing of the element
order for the 2.4 dtd?

>>I already have a bunch of <elements> in my web.xml and I want to add a <listener>
but I forgot where it goes and I can't seem to google it up today?