tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brian Cook <bc...@printtime.com>
Subject Re: how to Upload file
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 13:58:34 GMT

They are saying that to do file upload you probably want to use a
prebuilt frame work/ package.  You can do it all your self manually but
you would be using up a lot of time to build a basic task.  The 3 most
popular and easiest to use are :

1. Using Struts.  If you are not already using struts then this would
probably be way more than you are looking for.
http://struts.apache.org/

2.  The Jakarta Commons file upload project.  This provides all the
basic capabilities and lets you support file basic file upload options
in under 20 or so lines.  This is what I use and like.
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/fileupload/

3.  com.oreilly.servlet.  This will work and is popular but has
licensing restrictions.
http://www.servlets.com/cos/