tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Dropped response
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:45:35 GMT
Tomcat should send back a 404. But the RequestDumperValve doesn't log responses.

-Tim

Rob Hunt wrote:

> I saw this interesting request show up in my log file:
>
> 2005-08-28 20:11:08 RequestDumperValve[catalina]: REQUEST URI       =/cgi-bin/jud.cgi
<SNIP>

> And then there's nothing noting what the response was, which should have been a 404 since
I've no such host defined.  I've got a valve defined that will intercept requests for a host
not defined in server.xml and send back a 404 response instead of allowing the request to
flow to the default host for the engine.