tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ralf Schneider ...@tapfere-schneiderleins.de>
Subject Re: byte serving PDF with Tomcat 5.0.27
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 20:00:33 GMT
Am Mittwoch, 28. September 2005 20:58 schrieb Shawn Maceno:
> Thanks for the quick reply.  I think I need a little more hand-holding
> on this one, not being the Tomcat genius...  Can you provide some kind
> of example that shows where the content-type setting is and what it
> needs to be?

Have a look at the iText homepage at http://www.lowagie.com/iText . This is a
library for generating PDF files from Java. There is a step by step tutorial
and one section is how to use iText in web applications. I think that's
exactly what you're looking for. Even if you don't want to use iText, but the
basic mechanisms are shown.

HTH,
Ralf.