tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Assaf <ass...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Configure multiple number of aliases / sub-domains
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:20:08 GMT
Hi Tom,

Thanks again for the answer. BUT my problem is not the
hosts file. That works fine. My issue is as follows:

I have multiple hosts (as in TOMCAT HOSTS) running on
the server. Each is mapped to a different context/
application. I need to be able to map ALL subdomains
to the same application as the www. subdomain.
Currently I have in the server.xml file:

<host name="domain.com">
   <alias>www.domain.com</alias>
   <alias>xx1.domain.com</alias>
   <alias>xx2.domain.com</alias>
</host>

It is not practical to have a list of all subdomains
(which in this case are aliases) in the server.xml
file as they are dynamically created and deleted.

Looking forward,

Assaf