tomcat-users mailing list archives

From andy gordon <>
Subject Re: Unable to login Tomcat Manager?
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 02:17:04 GMT
if you enable the jdbc realm then authentication and authorizaiton comes from a jdbc datasource
not the tomcat.uses.xml file. This is why tomcat keeps asking you for a user name and password.
I suggest you read the realm how to on the tomcat website so you can correct your problem.
- andy

±ç¬±³õ <> wrote:
I have enabled JDBCRealm with MD5 in server.xml Tomcat 5.5.
Then I am not able to login "Tomcat Manager".
When I click "Tomcat Manager",
I input the username and password in tomcat-users.xml,
it keeps on prompting me username and password.
I wonder if the old password is not encrypted by MD5.
Then I encrypt the password by MD5 and put into tomcat-users.xml.

Still the same?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

Do You Yahoo!?