tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dola Woolfe <dolac...@yahoo.com>
Subject Help figuring out Virtual Hosts
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 18:43:57 GMT
Hi,

I've certainly RTFM'd and had thoroughly read

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/host.html#Host%20Name%20Aliases

but I just can't figure out how to get virtual servers
to work.

Basically, assume that DNS is set up properly and that
ServerA.com ServerB.com and Server.com resolve to the
same IP. Now, I want ServerA.com to "go to"
Server.com/MyAppA/index.jsp and ServerB.com to "go to"
Server.com/MyAppB/index.jsp. This, in my mind is sort
of like how Apache lets you do it, where of course it
takes advantage of the convention of index.html being
the default destination.

OK, how do I achieve this with Tomcat? Could anyone
please provide a specific example?

Many thanks,

Dola