tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Thielen" <>
Subject RE: Asking again: Final questions: Default pages
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:21:29 GMT

What I am trying to do is beable to have a url of
instead of Is there any way to get the
servlet name out of the url for the "default" servlet?

Thanks - dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Allistair Crossley []
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 10:07 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Asking again: Final questions: Default pages

Just don't bother putting the domain in the mapping from IIS to Tomcat, e.g

would capture both domain requests and forward to Tomcat.

QAS Ltd.
Registered in England: No 2582055
Registered in Australia: No 082 851 474
Disclaimer:  The information contained within this e-mail is confidential
and may be privileged. This email is intended solely for the named recipient
only; if you are not authorised you must not disclose, copy, distribute, or
retain this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in
error please contact the sender at once so that we may take the appropriate
action and avoid troubling you further.  Any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender.  QAS Limited has the right lawfully to
record, monitor and inspect messages between its employees and any third
party.  Your messages shall be subject to such lawful supervision as QAS
Limited deems to be necessary in order to protect its information, its
interests and its reputation.

Whilst all efforts are made to safeguard Inbound and Outbound emails, QAS
Limited cannot guarantee that attachments are virus free or compatible with
your systems and does not accept any liability in respect of viruses or
computer problems experienced.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: