tomcat-users mailing list archives

From August Detlefsen <augustd...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 5.5 Running out of Threads
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2005 01:52:10 GMT
I have maxThreads set at 250. When a high percentage of that 250 are
eaten up servicing essentially dead connections is when the server gets
unresponsive.

What I am interested in is how tomct can know that a thread is no
longer viable -say if it has been in service mode for more than 5
minutes and hasn't sent anything.